Quiet

Saturday, March 9, 2013


I've been delaying writing this post for months, but it's all too obvious I've gone quiet for a while now. I'll be honest, the things I wrote in my Creation is Momentum are true as ever. I'm still creating---digging in to my photography and my work life and having a blast planning the details of my May wedding. (my wedding pinboard is in full swing).

Most of all, I've been spending time thinking about the life I want to build from this point forward and re-aligning my priorities. For Christmas, my aunt gave me a copy of Colin Cowie's book, For the Bride. The major a-ha moment I had reading it, underscored throughout, is how important it is to take the time to cultivate the friendships and family relationships that matter most. A wedding is definitely a springboard for not just your life, but that of your current and future family. I've been putting much of my attention and focus there.

I've also been spending time rethinking what I want this blog to be--it couldn't be worse than the nothing of recent months, right? Going forward, this blog will truly be a personal blog--perhaps some glimmers of inspiration and aspiration, but primarily a place to house my favorite photos and personal projects. There may be many weeks where I don't update. and weeks where I update every day. When I share, it won't be because of pressure, or anxiety, but because I have something worth saying.

In the spaces between updates, you can follow me on Pinterest, which has replaced this blog as my place for collecting favorite home inspiration, recipes, ideas and fashion. For those of you who like instant gratification, I update there almost every day!

Pinterest.com/DearHeartDC
Top image: Satsuma oranges during citrus season, photo by Jenn Lore (self)

2 comments:

Nikki Rappaport said...

I was seriously just thinking about you today and how I miss you on this space. Welcome back. You've been missed. Can't wait to see what's next for you dear!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was thrilled to see a new post (not that I don't love the Charlotte Hardy images...). I'm now following you on Pinterest, but also look forward to what you share here. Welcome back :)

- LCH in TX, err, DC