Weekend Link Love [Flower Power]

Saturday, March 3, 2012

As we move into March, I've been eagerly watching the first signs of spring emerge -- the petrichor smell of spring rain, sleeping with open windows and waking (often too early!) to birdsong. But best of all, is the promise of spring flowers that will emerge in the next few weeks -- daffodils, cherry blossoms, lilies, allium and bluebells.

This year I'm resolving to bring that beauty inside to greet me when I come home, when I wake, and when I clear off the dinner table.

So far, my biggest flower obsession of the year are the floral arrangements above from the spring Jil Sander show. Florist Mark Colle gathered thousands of romantic blooms and arranged them in plexiglass cubes on the runway. The overall effect was really magical and fresh. You can read more about Colle's inspirations in this piece from AnOther Mag.

Some more floral inspiration from around the Web:
  • A reminder that DC's National Cherry Blossom festival is just a few weeks away, with peak bloom on March 24th. Start planning your picnics now! And, if you don't live in DC, there is no prettier time to plan a visit. Hint, hint. (here)
  • Will at Bright Bazaar puts together a gorgeous spring brunch, with lovely arrangements at the table (here)
  • Chelsea at Frolic puts together seed-kit favors -- such a perfect and simple Easter gift (here)
  • This photograph of true flower-lover Frida Kahlo took my breath away. Kahlo on flowers: "I paint flowers so that they will not die." (here)
  • If you've been reading all week, you know I'm on a major color kick, the more fluorescent the better. So, of course I'm drooling over this hot pink and melon bouquet from Flower Girl. (here)
  • LOVE these flowers-by-color guides from Wedding Chicks. Super helpful if you're a huge fan of, say, pink flowers, but couldn't name more than a handful to save your life. (here)
  • Holly at Refinery 29 picks out some great affordable decor picks. I immediately fell in love with this 20x200 photo that proves florals can be edgy. (here)
  • A few weeks ago, I stocked up on these flowery thank you notes from Rifle Paper Co. Browse the rest of the shop for dozens more like it. (here)
  • A how-to for homemade lavender sachets to scent your drawers, (here)
1. AnOther Mag 2.-3. Martha Stewart Weddings

1 comment:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thank you so much for including me amongst your lovely links! :)